Friday, August 13, 2010

Sorry about the delay, I was having problems logging in!

Anyways, I got home from camp on Wednesday. I was so tired that I came right upstairs and fell asleep on the couch. After I managed to drag my butt downstairs and take a shower, I felt a little more awake, so I came back upstairs for dinner. As I was eating and showing my mommy some of the thing I made at camp, she mentioned that there was a piece of mail for me on the table. I ran over (because I love getting mail) and it was a manila folder from the Alaska Humanities Forum (who is the head of the Rose Urban Rural Exchange). Yay! I opened it, and inside was a letter and certificate saying me and 5 other students (tow other urban and 3 rural) had all been named Top Cross-Cultural Ambassador for the state of Alaska. AHHH!!!! I was freaking out!! That is SOO cool!!! It means that I get to talk to and meet a whole bunch of important people and that we might be going to Washington D.C. in September!!!! So thanks you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! Especially Mrs. Barton for getting me involved in RURE, Mrs. Abshier for having the guts to take us all to St. Paul, Matthew for teaching us what it meant to be part of a culture and what being an ambassador meant, and Mrs. Kushin giving me the opportunity and the help to be able to go back to St. Paul. I love you guys! You are all awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment